One of the most time saving features in InstaCharts is the auto aggregation that is applied to produce the charts.
All charts are aggregated via their X Axis and Group Axis (if there is one). You are able to choose the aggregation function applied to the Y Axis.
Here is a list of the aggregation functions you can apply to the Y Axis. In the UI, they appear next to the Y Axis under the Math dropdown.
Numerical Y Axis
These are mathematical functions applied to the numbers within the column.
- Sum Add all values together
- Count Counts number of rows
- Average Average of all values
- Median Middle value
- Min Smallest value
- Max Largest value
All Y Axis Types
Since the values within the column may not be numbers, these are the functions that are applied to the values within the column.
- Distinct Count of different values
- Valid Counts rows with a value
- Missing Count of rows missing a value